Following the recent Bathroom Workshop, NWEC and Cassie Smith are proposing a day focusing on materials to replace commercial products (particularly those in single use plastic) in the Laundry. Register your interest early, as the last workshop was very popular. Numbers are limited.
Hello NWEC subscribers
Thank you for your ongoing support of North West Environment Centre. Our community garden continues to thrive with the addition of the Wicking Beds, and the reinvented EcoFest in April was a great success. We have also had discussions with the RESEED Centre with a view to working together more in the future.
There is still scope for a lot more activity within NWEC to become a major force in sustainability in the North West. Do you have ideas for sustainably-minded projects that need help and funding to get off the ground? Here is a chance to make your voice heard.
The Annual General Meeting of NWEC will be held on Saturday 19 August at 10:30am, in our office at 235 Ironcliffe Road Penguin.
All current financial members are welcome at the AGM and are eligible to vote (if more than one nomination is received for a position) and to have a say in the future plans for NWEC. Not a financial member? Pay on the day and your membership will continue to the end of 2018.
Refreshments will be served during and after the meeting.
Announcing the commencement of planning for EcoFest 2018, which will be held in April next year at the Ulverstone Wharf. To make this even bigger and better than 2017, we need volunteers to fill the following roles:
- –Festival Coordinator – oversees the entire event planning and implementation process
- –Site coordinator – the person in charge on the ground on the day
- –Stallholder coordinator – liaison person with all stallholders
- –Sponsorship coordinator – enlists and liaises with all festival sponsors
- –Promotion coordinator – talks to the media and organises all promotion
- –Social Media coordinator – could be a job for promotions, or a separate one
- –Music coordinator – liaises with all our performance artists
- –MC – introduces all our speakers on the day
- –IT coordinator – in charge of making all the technology operate efficiently
- –Finance Treasurer
- –Children’s activity coordinator
- –Planning committee members
- –On-the-day volunteers to staff NWEC stall, hand out programs at the door, check facilites and help setup and packup
What do you get out of it? Learn valuable skills in event management, advance information re what’s on, free entry on the day, fun community and social networking and the chance to be part of the North-West’s biggest Sustainability event.